It has been a year since I have had the opportunity to go out with my husband without kids in tow. Though I guess that isn't entirely true since the last time we went out I was about 6 months pregnant with Addie!
Anyhow, we got a sitter for Friday night and so off we went. We started by going out to dinner at Cheddar's with my sister and her boyfriend. I ordered a Mojito, which is of course a rare treat for me since I have been either pregnant or breastfeeding for the last bajillion years it seems. I figured one beverage wouldn't hurt, since Addie wouldn't be nursing for a while and it was sooooo yummy! We spent a good two hours at the restaurant munching on spinach dip and our dinners and just talking. It was great.
After Cheddar's, the guys wanted to have another beer, but we weren't sure where to go so we sat out in the parking lot for a while trying to decide -- ahh, fun times. We ended up going to a little hole in the wall called PJ's, because the guys wanted to sing Karaoke. That was an hour of our lives we will never get back. I'm pretty sure we were the only people under 40 in the place, and most were in their 60's! We decided after about an hour of listening to people sing old sappy songs very badly, to leave. Needless to say, we won't be going back there anytime soon!
It turned out to be a great night, and we are going to make it a point to go out on a date at least every other month -- hopefully more often!
Wineries of North Georgia
15 years ago
So glad you and your hubby got a date night. Those are definitely needed at least every once in awhile to refresh and reconnect. Maybe after football season is over my husband and I can do that too ;)
ReplyDeleteHi Angie! I didn't know you had a blog! I'll have to keep up with yours, too! :)AAAH, to have a date night..it'll be a while for us, I'm afraid!
ReplyDeletehey there!!
ReplyDeleteyay for date night. I hope you didn't pregnant that night though. Date night means conception for Adam and I :) Especially if there is alcohol involved!
good to hear from you!
Yay for date night! I should have warned you about PJ's...sorry!
ReplyDelete